In South Africa, mobility is an integral part of our economic activity. Thanks to innovation in technology, more and more residents in the country are reaping the rewards of mobility platforms like DiDi, the world’s leading mobility platform. More than just another ride-hailing service, DiDi is focused on providing safe and reliable resources for all, whether it’s in the form of affordable mobility options for the public or secure and flexible entrepreneurship opportunities for driver-partners. Safety, technology and great customer support are at the heart of everything DiDi does.
Driver registration is now open in Johannesburg and Pretoria and so drivers looking to be partners are encouraged to sign up and take advantage of the entrepreneurial benefits of joining DiDi’smobility platform. This includes a 0% take rate for the first four weeks if you sign up and have all documentation approved before the launch date, plus a R250 sign-up bonus when you sign up before the launch date and complete ten trips within the first week of the launch. Other benefits include up to R15 000 for driver and rider referrals (R300 each).
In addition to these incredible benefits, driver-partners and riders can also rest assured that DiDi has done everything to ensure safety and reliability at all times. Innovative safety features include:
- Facial recognition for drivers
- Share trip with contacts for drivers and riders
- SOS button for riders and drivers linked to Police
- Safety hotline provides drivers and riders with safety response support available 24/7
- Preview information of drivers and riders
- Preview trip destination for drivers and ride cost estimate for riders
- Unmatch from riders for drivers and unmatch from drivers for riders
- Private (hidden) numbers with communication facilitated through the app
- Safety training for drivers
The expansion of DiDi in Gauteng marks another milestone for the company’s fast-growing network of markets, which now includes 15 countries.