First National Bank (FNB) has partnered with Netcare to provide access to affordable private primary healthcare. NetcarePlus, a new business unit within Netcare, will provide significantly discounted vouchers to all individual FNB Retail, Private Bank and RMB Private Bank customers.
The vouchers can be used at over 500 General Practitioners (GPs) across all provinces in South Africa that are part of the NetcarePlus Trusted Partner Network. Customers can redeem their voucher for either a GP consultation, a GP consultation including acute medication or a virtual GP consultation.
Lee Bromfield, CEO of FNB Life says, “This innovative partnership allows us to offer real help to millions of our individual customers by enabling access to quality healthcare through affordable vouchers. Access to quality healthcare has never been more important, hence we believe the vouchers will benefit customers who have no cover and those with limited cover. The cost of healthcare accounts for a significant portion of our customers’ day-to-day expenses, therefore this partnership will help customers to manage the cost of accessing this necessary benefit.”
“Our aim is to enable our customers to realise their financial and physical wellness goals. Over the years, we have demonstrated our commitment through initiatives such as nav» Wellness and partnership with key pharmaceutical partners to offer eBucks and other special discounts to FNB and RMB Private Bank account holders. We continue to partner with organisations that align to our mission of providing real help to our customers,” adds Bromfield .
“This product has emerged out of the growing need to make healthcare more accessible to South Africans. The current environment indicates that there is a large portion of the population who either have no medical aid cover or have purchased hospital-only plans. As a result of this, we see many individuals delaying the care that they require, leading to significant medical complications as well as higher costs in the long run,” says Teshlin Akaloo, Managing Director of Netcare Plus.
NetcarePlus vouchers are available through any FNB platform such as the FNB App and eBucks shop (ebucks.com) where members can purchase them using cash, card or eBucks. The vouchers range from R290 for a Virtual GP consultation, R350 for an in-person GP consultation and R430 for an in-person GP consultation plus acute medication.
How it works
- An individual can select one or more of the three types of NetcarePlus GP Vouchers and purchase as many vouchers as they wish, either on www.netcare.co.za/NetcarePlus or on the FNB mobile app or eBucks shop (ebucks.com) using eBucks. The voucher code will be sent to the purchaser’s cellphone by SMS. This voucher is transferrable, so if you buy a voucher for someone else all you need to do is forward the SMS voucher code to them.
- Identify a suitable doctor from the NetcarePlus Partner List on the NetcarePlus website (www.netcare.co.za/netcareplus).
- Make an appointment with your chosen doctor by phoning 0860 101 151.
- For virtual consultations, the NetcarePlus GP will send you a unique link via SMS to the secure digital platform on which your consultation will be hosted. If the GP prescribes medication during the virtual consultation, a script will be sent to you by e-mail.
For in-person consultations you will need to present your NetcarePlus GP Voucher SMS to the receptionist at the doctor’s rooms as proof of payment.
“These vouchers can be used for yourself or gifted to family members, friends, domestic workers, gardeners or community members who may require access to these healthcare services. The NetcarePlus Voucher works on a pay-as-you-go system. This allows people to utilise the vouchers as and when they need to, with the added financial benefit of discounted rates.
While we are launching vouchers for GP consultations right now, Netcare Plus will soon be rolling out more products for other necessary healthcare products and services to improve the quality of people’s lives through enhanced accessibility to superior private healthcare,” says Akaloo.
How to purchase the NetcarePlus GP Voucher on the FNB App:
- Launch the FNB/RMB Private Bank App and enter your login details.
- Scroll down to ‘Vouchers + coupons’.
- Tap on ‘Vouchers + coupons’ and select ‘Buy vouchers’.
- Select NetcarePlus from the list of retailers.
- You can pay for the vouchers using your qualifying FNB/RMB Private Bank Cheque Account, your eBucks Account, or part-pay using a combination of Rands and eBucks.
- Select the Voucher you want to purchase.
- Insert the number of vouchers you want to purchase.
- You can purchase the voucher for someone else as a gift and tap
How to purchase the NetcarePlus GP Voucher on the eBucks shop:
- Click on ‘Login’, enter your ID number and 4-digit eBucks PIN.
- Click on the eBucks tab.
- Select ‘Spend’, click on ‘eBucks Shop’, click on ‘Categories’, select ‘Vouchers’, click on ‘Healthcare’, then click on the NetcarePlus Voucher you want.
- Enter the quantity of vouchers you want to buy, click on ‘Add to cart’ and then click on ‘Checkout’.
- Enter the OTP sent to the cellphone number registered for FNB Online/ FNB Cellphone Banking.
- You can view the item/s in your cart, the total price of the item/s and you can adjust the amounts payable in eBucks, Rands or you can pay using a combination of eBucks and Rands.
- Enter the Cellphone number that you would like the NetcarePlus Voucher to be delivered to. The NetcarePlus voucher will be sent to that Cellphone number.
- Click on the terms and conditions
- Select your payment method
- Your order reference number will be displayed.
- The Cellphone number will reflect under the delivery details.
- Click on ‘Download / View Tax invoice’ or click on ‘Shop home’.