Gina – Chef
- 500g baby button mushrooms, sliced in half
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1-2 fresh chillies, sliced
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 cup fresh or frozen edamame beans, shelled
- 1 large yellow pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To serve: freshly torn basil leaves, toasted peanuts & lime wedges
Cut out the cauliflower core and discard. Cut the rest into florets.
Pulse florets in a food processor until small rice like ‘grains’. (If you do not have a food processor you can finely dice the cauliflower or grate it)
Heat sesame oil in a large wok or deep sided frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until lightly golden brown. Season.
Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and stir fry until fragrant.
Add the cauliflower, edamame and bell pepper.
Stir fry quickly to cook the veg until just tender.
Season with soy sauce and black pepper. Scatter with sliced spring onions.
Dish cauli rice into bowls and squeeze over some fresh lime juice.
Scatter with toasted peanuts and torn basil leaves.